Tuesday, January 22, 2008

OK, here’s the scoop.    I’ve set up a new website.  I now need to customize it.  I have tested it with a couple of posts and it seems to work, but it needs some fine tuning (logo, links, etc.)…. OK, quite a bit of fine tuning.  I’m using WordPress and I had a hard time just getting it set up, but that seems to be done now.  I know next to nothing about WordPress, so that’s making it a slow process.  I actually had the site set up last night, but it took me a couple hours just to figure out how to get to the Dashboard and write a post.   (Documentation is good once you already know how to do something.)  Anyway, I’m past that now and just need to learn how to use the website software.


I’m not sure how long that fine-tuning will take.   I’m working on a project for an organization I belong to that has to be done by Saturday and another for my business that is eating up my time too. 


I have downloaded all the picturess from the old site to a hard drive here at Bits & Pieces headquarters, but I’m not sure that if I import the Blogger data (posts) that the pics will “line up” with the post automatically.  I don’t think I can repost them manually.  (There are 8,260 pics there.)  We may just be starting from scratch.   I’ll just have to see about that when I have the time.


I’ll try to at least make a couple posts a day here as I muddle through this.  I appreciate your patience and really appreciate all the kind words you’ve said about Bits & Pieces.


Stay tuned……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY